I have had great fun turning duvet covers into all sorts of clothing for my family. I love the Heydays dungaree pattern and have now made three pairs (with more planned!)
This pair for Sarah has been made from a £6 Asda duvet cover she found on Facebook market place! We still have the reverse side to use and some more of this fun dinosaur galaxy print that would be sufficient to make a camisole top.
My other daughter loves hers and says they are so comfortable to wear!
I sent her a matching face mask too. The soft grey with a little rainbow print was also an Asda duvet cover.
I found a really pretty single duvet cover in the airing cupboard from when the girls were little and have turned it into a summer dressing gown for my mum. The front is a patchwork design in soft pinks, greens and blues.
I used bands of the pink and white floral reverse to create a design feature for the sleeves, and for the front trim, as well as the tie belt and patch pocket.
Mum admiring Sarah’s dungarees!
I downloaded a sewing pattern from a sewing magazine to make this camisole top for Sarah from a tiny piece of fabric she found in my stash. I had to make some adaptions but she is delighted with it.
I have also used this pattern to make her a summer dress, although I found the instructions confusing and made quite a lot of it up as I went along!
Sarah likes the unusual neckline. This is the reverse of another Asda duvet cover. I made a matching mask again. Our total now is 277 masks completed!
I have lots more sewing projects planned……